Function of Project Charter
1. Project Charter helps decide whether to execute a project.
2. Contains information that describes the risks and estimates of a project.
3. Define the responsibilities of stakeholders later in the project.
How to Make a Project Charter?
1. Understand your project goals and objectives. Identify your project vision and determine the scope of the project.
2. Determine the form of organization in your project. List all the important roles a project requires. Such as executive stakeholders to the project team in the field.
3. Make an implementation plan which includes milestones, timelines, dependencies, and stakeholders.
4. List the potential risks or obstacles that may occur as the project progresses. Nobody expected any problems with his project. However, making this kind of planning allows the entire team to be in control of the situation and to cope well if the anticipated problems do occur.
Example of a Project Charter
Maybe some of you can’t really digest the explanation of this project management term than through examples. So, let’s look at an example of a Project Charter below and imagine that you are compiling it with information from your current project plan.
Company AAA Project Charter
Project Name: “Investing in the Middle of a Pandemic. Financial Growing or Financial Gambling? ” Webinar
Project Description: An investment-themed seminar that was held for 1 hour with Mr. XX as the speaker.
Business Case: Supports company goals of:
- Increase sales levels by 25% in the second quarter of 2021.
- Increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Landing the company’s page for webinar registration.
- One-hour webinars.
- Increase brand reputation.
- Increase sales valuation
- Popularity of speakers who are in class B / C.
- Do not have experience in holding seminars.
- Technical difficulties.
- Density script.
Project Budget: IDR 25,000,000 (Twenty-five million rupiah)
Promotion and Registration: 10 March to 10 April 2021
Live Webinar: 11 April 202
Project Team Members:
Project Manager: Sarah Niel
Art Designer: Agata Chelsea
Contact Person: Dara Luna
Webinar Host: Rose Melia
Social Media Coordinator: Andre
Speaker Coordinator: Rara
That’s an explanation of what Project Charter is and its important function in project management. Always update the latest information about project management here with Tomps.id, your project management solution!